what is horchata water? Horchata water is a typical drink in many countries, which give it their own essence when making it to give it their own identity. However, all its varieties end up being used for the same purpose, to refresh and benefit from its natural attributes.
The horchata water is a very consumed drink, and it is rich in minerals, unsaturated fats and proteins necessary to maintain our health properly as it has properties that allow the proper development of our body. Spain prepares its own horchata water made from tigernut milk, Italy flavors it with bitter almond essence to give it its own touch. Likewise, France makes it from barley, but not only Europe consumes horchata water, Latin America also has its own recipe.
Mexico prepares horchata from oats or rice, while Venezuela, Cuba and Puerto Rico make it from rice and Ecuador uses a variety of leaves, fruits and flowers of almost any edible plant. In any case, they all consume it for the same reason, its healthy benefits that positively impact our body thanks to its diuretic, digestive, relaxing properties and its great contribution of minerals and vitamins.
what is tigernut milk water?
Horchata water is a refreshing drink full of benefits thanks to its natural properties made from tigernut milk, rice, oats or even leaves, fruits and flowers that allow us to enhance the proper functioning of our body. It is also a drink or infusion that travels the world due to its qualities and that has been part of the gastronomy of many countries since ancient times.
what is horchata water used for?
The horchata water is used to promote digestion and preserve stomach health, it also provides energy to the body and thanks to its low caloric value even to lose weight. So it is a drink full of multiple beneficial qualities for our health. And is that it is a product of vegetable origin so it contains no cholesterol, which undoubtedly carries a high positive impact for our day to day. In the case of the one prepared in Ecuador, it is made with 25 herbs considered medicinal that purify the human body at all levels.
does horchata water help to lose weight?
Everything seems to indicate that one of the advantages of consuming horchata is that it helps to lose weight, keep us active and hydrated at the same time, so some people have begun to consume it in their diets. The horchata made with any of its most common ingredients such as tigernuts, rice, oatmeal, sesame, herbs, among other ingredients is a diuretic drink.
Therefore, just by drinking a glass a day we can eliminate toxins that remain lodged in our organs. It is also a drink with digestive potential which greatly facilitates stomach stability while allowing us to feel satiated avoiding having to eat before established hours.
Benefits of drinking horchata water
Thanks to its natural properties, horchata is a drink full of benefits for our health. Because it contributes to the good performance of our organs and immune system allowing us to improve our quality of life.
- Controls blood pressure: Horchata contains arginine, an amino acid that allows the production of nitric oxide, which keeps blood vessels dilated, thus achieving a normal blood flow.
- Facilitates heart health: Thanks to its natural properties, it provides the body with monounsaturated fatty acids as well as polyunsaturated acids such as Omega 3, which generates a healthy heart.
- Digestive: Horchata provides lipase and amylase, enzymes that contribute to good digestion, thanks to its prebiotic effects that promote the growth of beneficial intestinal bacteria.
- Antioxidant: Thanks to its content of vitamins C and E, it is an antioxidant drink, which acts against free radicals.
- Reduces cholesterol: Thanks to its components and natural properties, it eliminates bad cholesterol and maintains adequate values, which contributes to good health.
- Rich in minerals and vitamins: Horchata is a drink with a high contribution of nutrients for our organism thanks to its properties, minerals and vitamins.
what are the benefits of drinking horchata water on an empty stomach?
As we well know, consuming some beverages first thing in the morning and before breakfast boosts the proper functioning of our body, while we get better results when fighting some health conditions. Among the benefits we can find when drinking horchata water on an empty stomach we have:
- Source of energy: Thanks to its great contribution in nutrients when consuming horchata first thing in the morning, we get much more energy which enhances our development.
- Rehydrating: It allows us to stay hydrated which favors the functioning of our organs.
- Mineralizing: Horchata is rich in minerals, including calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus and zinc, which are necessary to feel good.
- Rich in fiber: Which allows us to maintain our intestinal transit.
for how long should we drink horchata water on an empty stomach?
There is no estimated time for the consumption of horchata, it manages to keep our body healthy and full of vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients to be well. However, as in all cases, it is necessary not to abuse its consumption. The ideal is to accompany it with a healthy, healthy and balanced diet that when combined with the horchata manages to enhance our welfare. In any case, it is recommended to consume it before each meal or two to three times a day.
what are the properties of horchata water?
Horchata is a drink full of multiple benefits thanks to its great contribution of nutrients, minerals and vitamins that make our life much fuller and healthier. Among its great properties we can find:
- Rich in Vitamins B, C and E
- Rich in magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, potassium and iron
- Does not contain phosphates or glucose
- Low in sodium
- Does not contain glucose.
- It is rich in sucrose and starch
- Does not contain gluten
- Provides enzymes such as amylase and lipase
- High source of arginine
- Contains flavonoids, phenols, tannins, terpenoids and glycosides
- It is astringent and carminative
- Contains Omega 6
is horchata water good for the liver?
Some people often use horchata to detoxify and cleanse the liver, its natural components allow a better functioning of this vital organ of the human body. Its astringent and carminative properties tone the digestive system and its diuretic power manages to eliminate any type of toxin which prevents the accumulation of unnecessary fats around the liver. The horchata allows whoever consumes it to feel satiated, calm and without so much desire to eat sweets, which is an important added value.
Contraindications of drinking horchata water
Horchata is a drink with more benefits than contraindications, however it can be delicate for some people who are sensitive to some of its components. Clinical studies have not revealed that its consumption affects or impacts in a negative way. However, its consumption is recommended in an adequate way and without excess, since it can in some cases trigger diarrhea. As for allergic conditions, unless the person who drinks it is allergic to its properties, there is no evidence that it triggers this pathology, and it is even recommended for pregnant women because of its nutrients.
+4 Recipes to prepare horchata water
As we know, horchata water can vary in terms of its ingredients according to the country where it is made. So we bring you some recipes that can help you prepare this delicious, refreshing and nutritious drink.
Homemade tigernut milk horchata water
This recipe will bring us very close to a drink widely consumed in Spain, a perfect ally for those who enjoy something healthy, fresh and pleasant. Ingredients
- 50 grams of Tigernut
- 1 liter of water
- 100 grams of sugar
- Cinnamon powder
How to prepare
- Soak the tigernuts for at least 48 hours, which will allow them to hydrate and soften them for later crushing.
- Change the water every 12 hours to clean them of impurities and preserve them in a container in the refrigerator.
- Once the time has elapsed, place the drained tigernuts in the glass of a blender together with the water
- Blend until the tigernuts are well crushed
- Strain through a strainer and place the contents in a pitcher
- Serve in a chilled glass
- Sprinkle cinnamon
Horchata water with chia
A refreshing and healthy recipe that will fill your body with vitality thanks to its natural components. Ingredients
- 1 cup of white rice
- 2 tablespoons of chia
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons sugar
How to prepare
- Wash the rice and place it in a bowl with the cinnamon
- Cover with hot water and let soak for 2 hours
- Place the mixture in the glass of a blender
- Add the condensed milk, evaporated milk, chia, vanilla extract and sugar
- Blend for a few seconds to mix everything and obtain a homogeneous mixture
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher
- Stir with 2 liters of cold water
- Serve in a tall glass and sprinkle with cinnamon
Traditional horchata water
This is a very easy recipe to make and with which you will fill everyone with freshness, its pleasant flavor will steal sighs to more than one. Ingredients
- 1 cup of long grain rice
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 cups skim milk
How to prepare
- Place the rice and cinnamon in boiling water and let it cook for 3 hours
- Place the mixture in the glass of a blender together with the skim milk and sugar
- Blend well for a few minutes
- Strain into a pitcher using a fine strainer
- Store the horchata water obtained in the refrigerator until it cools down
Horchata water with oatmeal
A one hundred percent healthy recipe that will invigorate your life and improve your quality of life. Ingredients
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1 ½ liters of water
- 1 tablespoon of powdered cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of mascabado sugar
How to prepare
- Soak the oats in a liter and a half of water for about 3 hours
- Place in the glass of a blender when the estimated time has elapsed and add the cinnamon powder together with the sugar
- Blend for a few minutes to obtain a homogeneous mixture
- Serve in a pitcher and refrigerate until cool
Horchata water is a drink rich in vitamins and minerals that helps to greatly improve the functioning of our organism. So we invite you to prepare in the comfort of your home, each and every one of the recipes that we leave for you. What are you waiting for to taste a delicious drink of horchata water?