how is hibiscus water prepared? Jamaica water is a refreshing drink ideal to quench thirst on summer days when the heat tries to dehydrate the body. It has natural properties that benefit our health to a great extent. It is also considered by many as a typical drink, so if you visit some tropical countries you will see that Jamaica water is part of their daily life and one of their most consumed beverages.
Jamaican water is very beneficial for our body, it is rich in vitamin C, minerals and antioxidants that help in the treatment of hypertension and anxiety. Its slimming, nutritional, refreshing and mineral properties place hibiscus water among the group of healthy and 100% natural beverages. Knowing a little more about this interesting infusion will bring us closer to a natural world where well-being is assured.
En esta nota, encontraras lo siguiente
what is hibiscus water?
Hibiscus water is an infusion made from hibiscus flower with unique diuretic properties that improve the quality of life of those who consume it properly. This drink manages to provide the body with the necessary nutrients that regulate the proper functioning of our organism.
what is hibiscus water used for?
Hibiscus water is a drink with great natural qualities that concentrates multiple vitamins, minerals and bioactive compounds called phytochemicals, with various antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antihypertensive properties.
It serves to regulate the functioning of our organism in a healthy way without the use of chemical agents. It can also be used to alleviate insomnia disorders and diseases related to skin irritation, a drink full of multiple benefits.
can hibiscus water be used to lose weight?
In recent times, the slimming effects of hibiscus water have been proven, since it contains anthocyanins, phenolic compounds and flavonoids that help regulate the genes involved in lipid metabolism. This facilitates the elimination of fat while attenuating the increase of adipocytes and reducing the size of fat cells.
Benefits of drinking hibiscus water
Hibiscus flower has antioxidant properties, in addition to vitamin C and minerals necessary for the proper functioning of our organs, which is why it is highly beneficial to our health.
- Controls blood pressure: Thanks to its hypertensive and cardioprotective properties, Jamaica manages to lower and level our blood pressure.
- Improves the gastrointestinal system: This drink regularizes the evacuation and bowel movements, due to its diuretic properties.
- Combats constipation: Thanks to its natural properties, it prevents constipation, thus improving intestinal health while helping to prevent colorectal cancer.
- Natural antidepressant: Thanks to its flavonoid content, it contributes to calm the nervous system, thus reducing anxiety and depression by providing a feeling of relaxation.
- Antibacterial: Thanks to its richness in ascorbic acid, it stimulates the activity of the immune system, protecting those who drink it from possible colds or flu.
- Prevents Cancer: Hibiscus flower contains protocatechuic acid, whose antitumor and antioxidant properties slow down the growth of cancer cells and induce them to programmed death.
what are the benefits of drinking hibiscus water on an empty stomach?
Since it is a drink that contributes to weight loss, it is usually used on an empty stomach, thus allowing its natural properties rich in vitamins and minerals to provide the body with benefits with positive impacts.
- Stimulates weight loss: It contains an extract that reduces the absorption of starch and glucose, while inhibiting the production of amylase, which helps in the absorption of carbohydrates and starch.
- It is diuretic: It is considered by many a natural diuretic of great impact which contributes to the production of urine which serves to purify our organs.
- Strengthens bones: Thanks to the fact that it contains vitamins A, B1, C and E as well as iron, calcium and phosphorus, it strengthens our bone system, allowing us to have healthier and stronger bones.
- Relieves menstrual pain: Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, it relieves menstrual pain and restores hormonal balance.
how long should hibiscus water be drunk on an empty stomach?
Studies recommend the consumption of hibiscus water between 3 and 4 cups daily and half an hour before your main meals. Because in this way it acts much more precisely on our body, and although there is no time as such can be good to drink it for a while and then rest. It is important to remember that the excess of any kind of drink in excess can be harmful to health as it can trigger adverse factors.
what are the properties of hibiscus water?
Hibiscus flower contains natural properties that facilitate the proper functioning of our body, so more and more people tend to include it in their daily diet to obtain its benefits.
- It is anti-inflammatory
- It acts as an antihypertensive
- It is antioxidant
- Rich in Vitamins A, B, C and E
- Rich in iron, phosphorus and calcium
- Contains fiber
- Acts as a digestive
is hibiscus water good for the liver?
Hibiscus flower has the ability to cleanse the liver as well as the kidneys, so it prevents possible liver problems that may occur at some point. The liver is one of the most important organs of our body and its purification allows its function to be carried out more effectively.
Thanks to its nutritional properties, minerals and vitamins, it manages to purify the liver avoiding inflammations and the accumulation of unnecessary fats that obstruct its functioning. In addition, its diuretic quality allows the elimination of all kinds of toxins that can damage it.
Contraindications of drinking hibiscus water
Hibiscus flower is well known for its benefits and natural qualities. However, when consumed in excess it can cause adverse results as well as inconveniences that can harm our health. Medical studies do not accurately reflect its harmful effects, but it is important to try not to exceed the recommended dose.
- Allergic reaction: It may trigger allergic reactions in some people who may be susceptible to its components, causing itchy eyes, sinusitis or fever.
- Lowers blood pressure: If you suffer from hypotension, it is not recommended to drink hibiscus water because it can cause fainting, dizziness, damage to the heart and brain.
- Causes hallucinatory effects:Hibiscus flower, as it is also known, can cause hallucinations as a toxic reaction for some people, so its consumption should be indicated.
- Not recommended for pregnant women: Hibiscus flower contains emmenagogue effects which can stimulate menstruation, so pregnant women should not consume it because it can generate from bleeding to miscarriages.
- Demineralizing effect: Its diuretic properties can generate a little deficit of minerals such as potassium and sodium, essential for health, so the prolonged consumption of this plant is not recommended.
+3 Recipes to prepare hibiscus water
Preparing this refreshing drink is very simple, so it is becoming increasingly interesting for many who want to enjoy its flavor, nutrients and vitamins that fill with benefits to those who conscientiously consume it.
Traditional hibiscus water
An easy-to-make drink that will allow you to enjoy its great nutritional and healthy properties. Ingredients
- 1 cup of hibiscus flower
- 12 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Sprigs of mint
How to prepare
- Place 4 cups of water and the hibiscus flowers in a saucepan
- Cook and boil for 5 minutes over medium heat
- Strain the water into a pitcher
- Add the rest of the water
- Add the sugar and mix well until it dissolves
- Let cool and add the mint sprigs
Hibiscus water with chia
An easy-to-prepare recipe full of multiple benefits that will improve our body’s performance. Ingredients
- 1 cup hibiscus flower
- 2 liters water
- 2 tablespoons of chia
How to prepare
- Boil 1 cup of hibiscus flowers in 2 cups of water
- Sweeten the remaining water and refrigerate
- When the hibiscus flower boils, let it rest until it cools down,
- Strain and stir with the cold water
- Add the chia seeds
- Stir and enjoy
Hibiscus and cinnamon water
A formula full of many benefits that will boost our health. Ingredients
- 1 cup dried hibiscus flower
- 3 liters of water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
How to prepare
- Boil the Cinnamon stick with one liter of water
- Let it rest
- Add the hibiscus flower
- Place the infusion in the refrigerator for two hours
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved
Hibiscus wateris a drink that you can not miss, because it provides numerous health benefits. Throughout our content we leave for you easy recipes that you can prepare in the comfort of your home. What are you waiting for to taste a delicious hibiscus water drink?